Monday, January 5, 2009

Friends in high places

This year is going to be special. On Sunday there is gubernatorial election here in Bangkok.

This weekend we went to Chatuchak-market. As we sat down and had a cup of coffee one of the candidates walked by. Waving, smiling and picking up small kids and being photographed. There was a big team of people walking around him handing out flyers. He took a brake and sat down at the same coffee shop, the table next to us. We exchanged a few sentences (in Thai that is, he probably knows English better than I do, but I didn´t think about that). I (Daniel) told him I am a pastor and that I pray for this city every day and that I would gladly pray for him as well. We then exchanged business cards. Please pray for him and the elections on Sunday.

No comments: