Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A two year old miracle

I thought my wife was just about to give birth when the midwife yelled to the nurse to press the alarm button. The midwife jumped up on the bead and pushed back the baby. The naval cord had come first. Within a minute my wife was rolled into a room where I could not follow, she was knocked by the anesthetic and surrounded by doctors. I was left in the corridor, put my hands on the wall and started praying desperately for my wife and child. I knew the situation was serious but also sensed holy faith rise up within me. A worried nurse told me to sit down. After a few minutes we heard a baby cry. "Oh, your child is alive..." said the nurse with a smile. But her facial expression changed as we both realized it was from another room.

A doctor came running with Jonathan´s lifeless body, they put him on a small bed and started to give heart massage and oxygen. I grabbed my son´s hand and prayed aloud that my son would live and be a strong and healthy boy. The levels were not good at the start but I knew God´s life giving breath was coming into his body. After a few minutes things were looking better and then he peed on the nurse...

Every child is a miracle. We have four. Today is our youngest son´s birthday. He had a miraculous start and today he is a healthy and strong boy. Last night he told me he wanted "brumbrum and namnam" (cars and candies/cookies/goodies) for his birthday. And so far he has not let go of his new car this day.

Yes, I am a very proud father of this miracle boy and a very proud husband of my super-wife.

No comments: